Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mkingsley

Default Figuring Grades

I have a worksheet that has the data for all of my students labs and
tests.
Two summation formulas, one for the total points available, and one for
the students results. The final formula calculates a percentage (90%,
80%, et)
What I want to do is write an IF formula that looks to see what the
percentage the student has, and then return a letter grade.

Example

NAME POINTS % LETTER GRADE
Mike Kingsley 656 92.3% (its in this cell that the
formula would be written, and the grade would appear)

As Always thanx for the help

MK

--
mkingsley
mkingsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4291

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
N Harkawat

=HLOOKUP(A1,{0,0.5,0.6,0.8,0.9;"e","d","c","b","a" },2)

Adjust the grades and the % accordingly....I have just shown it as a guide
above.

"mkingsley" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=LOOKUP(A1,{0;60;70;80;90},{"F";"D";"C";"B";"A"})

where A1 holds the lookup value

change 60 to 0.6 and so on if you have percentage and adapt the grades to
fit your grades

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"mkingsley" wrote