Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spring coulter

Default How do I calculate grades from excell

I am trying to use excell to calculate grades for the end of the term,
however I am not sure how to do this. I am using a percentage to calculate
but can not get an average score or overall score. For example I enter the
grades and 20% is for exams, 30% to final exam and 50% for term assignments.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
renegan

Assuming your cells for Exams=A1; Final Exam=A2; Term Assig.=A3 all you
need to do is:

=(A1*.2)+(A2*.3)+(A3*.5)

--
renegan
renegan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10450

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

If the numeric grades are laid out with exam scores in A1, term assignments
in A2, and Final exam in A3, then put the 20%, 50%, and 30% in cells B1:B3,
your formula would be

=sumproduct(A1:A3,B1:B3)

"Spring coulter" wrote:

I am trying to use excell to calculate grades for the end of the term,
however I am not sure how to do this. I am using a percentage to calculate
but can not get an average score or overall score. For example I enter the
grades and 20% is for exams, 30% to final exam and 50% for term assignments.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Also checkout:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...455541033.aspx