Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JcR

Default Column width

In rows 1 through 10, I want my column width to be "20"

In rows 11 through 20, I want my column width to be "4"

How do I do this ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gizmo63

No easy way my friend. You can't have different widths on different rows as
the sheet is a 'grid'.
In effect you'll have to create the impression of this layout by (a
suggestion anyway):
Set all your columns to 4 (Format - Columns - Set width)
Then in each of your rows 1 to 10 you'll have to merge the cells together in
blocks of 5 (5 x 4 = 20).
Can be done quickly by copy / paste. eq merge a1:e1, copy, paste into f1,
paste into k1 etc etc

HTH

Giz

"JcR" wrote:

In rows 1 through 10, I want my column width to be "20"

In rows 11 through 20, I want my column width to be "4"

How do I do this ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

manually
select the first columnhold shift keyselect last
columnformatcolumnwidth

in a macro

Sub setcolumnwidth()
Columns("a:j").ColumnWidth = 20
'or
'Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 10)).ColumnWidth = 20
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JcR" wrote in message
In rows 1 through 10, I want my column width to be "20"

In rows 11 through 20, I want my column width to be "4"

How do I do this ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

You can't - column width applies to the column, not individual cells.

You could make column A's column width 4, column B's column width 16,
and merge the A and B cells in row 1 through 10.

However, I don't recommend this as merged cells are the spawn of Satan,
and can make formatting, selections, etc. a real PITA. Just my personal
opinion, of course.