Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karen

Default Update SUM & AVERAGE

I have a worksheet the I use for monthly totals. For example, columns B thru
M are for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. - In column N are the totals =SUM(B8:M8) and in
column O are the averages =AVERAGE(B8:I8)

Every month I have to update many rows with the current average ranges. I
use the fill handle, but it still is something that I would hope could be
automated. Is this possible to do? For example, once I enter the raw data
into the column B, is there a formula to recognize that data and update the
SUM & AVERAGE column?

Thank you, Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Why don't you just reference all the columns in the AVERAGE() function.
Excel is smart enough to ignore blank cells, and that way you don't have to
change the formulas at all. They'll automatically adjust each month as you
add the new month's data

"Karen" wrote:

I have a worksheet the I use for monthly totals. For example, columns B thru
M are for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. - In column N are the totals =SUM(B8:M8) and in
column O are the averages =AVERAGE(B8:I8)

Every month I have to update many rows with the current average ranges. I
use the fill handle, but it still is something that I would hope could be
automated. Is this possible to do? For example, once I enter the raw data
into the column B, is there a formula to recognize that data and update the
SUM & AVERAGE column?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips