Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Update SUM & AVERAGE

=IF(B8<"",SUM(B8:M8),"")

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a worksheet the I use for monthly totals. For example, columns B

thru
M are for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. - In column N are the totals =SUM(B8:M8) and

in
column O are the averages =AVERAGE(B8:I8)

Every month I have to update many rows with the current average ranges. I
use the fill handle, but it still is something that I would hope could be
automated. Is this possible to do? For example, once I enter the raw

data
into the column B, is there a formula to recognize that data and update

the
SUM & AVERAGE column?

Thank you, Karen