Jim Gentile

Default Adding muliple cells.

How do I write a formula that will add all the sales for an individual,
return the name in one cell and the total sales in another and list them by
highest dollar sold descending?

Example of what I will enter into Excel:

Jim $100.00
Jim $126.78
Jim $153.56
Rose $180.34
Rose $207.12
Rose $233.90
Rose $260.68
Rose $287.46
Bill $314.24
Bill $341.02
Bill $367.80
Bill $394.58
Bob $421.36
Bob $448.14
Bob $474.92
Bob $501.70
Bob $528.48
Bob $555.26

This is what I would like the results to look like:

Bob $2,929.86
Bill $1,417.64
Rose $1,169.50
Jim $380.34

Thanks for your help.

Jimbola

The best way to do this would be to use a pivot table.
Firstly give your columns heading, Employee and Sales then
DataPivotTable and PivotChart Report
Select your data as the range
Click layout
From the field on the right drag Employee to the left side of the table
from the field on the right drag sales to the data (middle) part of the table.
Click next
Decide where you want the table, New Sheet or In An Existing Sheet
Click finish.

Everytime you add more data to the list you need to refresh the table, right
click anywhere on the table and click refresh.

"Jim Gentile" wrote:

[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
pivot tables are very easy to use. Some tutorials:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...simple-pivot-t
able/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jimbola" wrote:

The best way to do this would be to use a pivot table.
Firstly give your columns heading, Employee and Sales then
DataPivotTable and PivotChart Report
Select your data as the range
Click layout
From the field on the right drag Employee to the left side of the