Danny J

Default Validation list behaving strangely in 2003

Hi folks,

I don't know if any of you have met this before....I have a validation list
comprising for example blank, ford, mazda the blank cell recognised until
I enter a non blank value...eg if I enter Mazda and then decide to change it
back to blank the blank option has gone. Even more bizarre, I have another
validation list in another part of the spreadsheet also with a blank cell
that works perfectly. I have tried the usual work arounds of creating a non
blank cell, making the validation list, and then deleting the contents of
the non blank cell but it does not work. the ignore blank cell otion is not
ticked. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Danny

Debra Dalgleish

I can't recreate the problem. Is the list a named range or a cell reference?

But why do you need a blank cell in the dropdown list? You can always
delete the entry, and leave the cell blank.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Danny J

You may not believe this but it never occurred to me to just delete the
entry...as for reproducing it, I have never seen it happen before so I am
not surprised.

Thank you for your help.

Danny