Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Goofy

Default Calculation Qustion

Have a calculation that provides the results from.

We charge $12,500 on a support contract. If the client goes over 105 hours
we charge an additional $125.00 per hour for the hours over 105 hours. In
this case they had 120 hours in this month. If they are under they still
pay the 12,500

Cell 1 Cell 2
Total Hours Cost

120 =sum(?

What would be the proper calculation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
random1970

Have a cell for the support hours. I'll assume A1 contains this
number.

In cell B1, you want the total charge to appear. Type the formula

=IF(A1<=105,12500,12500+(A1-105)*125)

So, if a1 is less than or equal to 105 hours, the charge will be
$12500
If a1 is greater than 105 hours, the charge will be $12500 + the number
of hours over 105 multiplied by your hourly rate.

See how you go.

--
random1970
random1970's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32112