Default Can I use autofilter to hide random postcodes?

I'm sure this can be done but I can't work it out: I have list of postcodes
and wish to filter some groups out by the first two letters and number, e.g.
XY1..., XY5...ETC. If I choose the 'contains' option I only seem to be able
to filter one postcode in the first box and another in the 'and' box. What I
want to do is enter all the postcodes in the first 'contains' box but,
whatever symbol I try to use for plus,it doesn't work. Using the 'greater' or
l'ess than' options won't work either as it will miss postcodes in the
middle, e.g. if I wanted 2-4, 5-6, 8-10 etc. Can the programme do what I
want/am I just thick?

Grateful for any advice
Norman Jones

Hi Mike,

You received responses several hours ago, from JE McGimpsey and Dave
Peterson, to this question when you posted to the Misc group.

Did you attempt to implement their suggestions?

---
Regards,
Norman