Troy

Default Links

I have 2 separate workbooks. One is called 'Pack A' and the other one is
'Pack B'. 'Pack A' began with a worksheet called "December 2004" and it is a
very detailed sheet. 'Pack B' links to 'Pack A'. 'Pack B' also has a
worksheet labeled "December 2004". I would like to go into 'Pack A' and
create a copy of the worksheet "December 2004" then rename the copied
worksheet to "January 2005". I then would like to do the exact same process
to 'Pack B'. My problem lies in making "Pack B' "January 2005" link to 'Pack
A" "January 2005" instead of 'Pack A' "December 2005" no matter what I try I
can't get this accomplished. Is there anyone that could possibly help me,
please?
Scott Summerlin

Hi Troy,

Try the following:
1. Open Pack A
2. Copy December 2004 worksheet
3. Rename it January 2005
4. Open Pack B
5. Copy December 2004
6. Rename it January 2005. The links in Pack B's January 2005 will
reference Pack A's December 2004
7. Now use the Replace function (on the toolbar, Edit/Replace).
8. A menu box will appear. Do the following:
a) For Find What enter "December 2004" (without the quotes).
b) For Replace With enter "January 2005" (w/o quotes).
c) Select Options. Within should be "Sheet". In Search, choose "Rows"
or "Columns". Look in should be "Formulas".
d) Select "Replace All"

This should update all the links for you.

Regards,
Scott