JenR

Default Links w/in same workbook not working

Windows XP Excel 2002
I have links referring to different cells in a different worksheet but the
same workbook. After using the workbook many times, now my links all show
"='worksheetname'!A12" instead of giving me what is actually in the cell.
Relinking does not work. F2 does not work. It's nothing do do w/ my
options. Any suggestions?
Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)

Has the number format of your cells somehow gotten changed to Text format?
Check Format, Cells, Number.

Francis
http://www.theexceladdict.com

"JenR" wrote:

Windows XP Excel 2002
I have links referring to different cells in a different worksheet but the
same workbook. After using the workbook many times, now my links all show
"='worksheetname'!A12" instead of giving me what is actually in the cell.
Relinking does not work. F2 does not work. It's nothing do do w/ my
options. Any suggestions?

JenR

The formatting is not the problem. The links are actually to another cell w/
a word in it, not a number. But all the possible formats give me the same
problem. Thanks for your fast response.

"JenR" wrote:

Windows XP Excel 2002
I have links referring to different cells in a different worksheet but the
same workbook. After using the workbook many times, now my links all show
"='worksheetname'!A12" instead of giving me what is actually in the cell.
Relinking does not work. F2 does not work. It's nothing do do w/ my
options. Any suggestions?

Gord Dibben

JenR

It may have something to do with your options.

If all formulas are showing..........

Hit CTRL + `(above TAB key) to toggle formula view on/off.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP