mikxtr

Default Update Individual Links

I currently am working in an XL2002 file that links to 7 (maybe 10) other
files. These other files are managed by other people in other departments
(or other cities). With the previous version of xl, we would update links
only to the files that we were responsible for. With the 2002 version, when
you update one link, you update ALL the links, and that is VERY VERY
undesirable.

Does anyone know how to update a single link? Is there a reason why the
"manual" button under "Edit Links" is greyed out?

Thanks,
Mischelle

Kevin H. Stecyk

mikxtr wrote...

I currently am working in an XL2002 file that links to 7 (maybe 10) other
files. These other files are managed by other people in other departments
(or other cities). With the previous version of xl, we would update links
only to the files that we were responsible for. With the 2002 version,
when
you update one link, you update ALL the links, and that is VERY VERY
undesirable.

Does anyone know how to update a single link? Is there a reason why the
"manual" button under "Edit Links" is greyed out?

Thanks,
Mischelle

Hi Mischelle,

You should download Findlink.xla at
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm .

Is should address your concerns.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Kevin

mikxtr

This is definitely useful, although not exactly what I was looking for. But
now that I'm playing around a little more, I'm not exactly sure what the
problem is. But this tool will be very useful (and thanks for the website
too; will definitely look around there).

Many thanks for your time.

"Kevin H. Stecyk" wrote:

mikxtr wrote...

[...]

Kevin H. Stecyk

mikxtr wrote

This is definitely useful, although not exactly what I was looking for.
But
now that I'm playing around a little more, I'm not exactly sure what the
problem is. But this tool will be very useful (and thanks for the website
too; will definitely look around there).

Many thanks for your time.

Hi, I hope it works for you. If not, come back and give us as much detail
as possible and likely someone will have an answer for you.

Regards,
Kevin