Old November 29th 04, 05:21 PM
Pricing Queen

Default How do I round up or down using formulas?

I manage pricing on spreadsheets where the pricing is typically done per 1000
(M) and the customer is invoiced by the case. A case can be quantities other
than 1000, ie: 2400/cs. On a spreadsheet, if you have a price per M of $7.48
and a formula that calculates a case price, the calculation figures $17.96.
It is rounding up from $17.952. In this case I want the number to round down
to $17.95. How do I do this?

Old November 29th 04, 05:26 PM
JulieD

Hi

17.952 shouldn't round automatically to 17.96 ...
anyway here's some rounding options for you (with 17.952 in A1)

=ROUND(A1,2)
returns 17.95
=ROUNDUP(A1,2)
returns 17.96