Larry F

Default Extend data range format and formulas

Even after checking this box under Tool-Options-Edit the formulas will not
automatically copy down my formulas when adding news rows. The formulas are
in the precedding 25 rows. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks
Larry

Aladin Akyurek

That option has nothing to do with formula copying. If you are not on
Excel 2003, you have to copy down/across the formulas either manually
or by means of code in VBA.

If you are on Excel 2003, change the area with data and formulas into a
list by invoking Data|List|Create List. Excel will copy down the
formulas automatically when appropriate.

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165

denise

I have a question maybe you can help aladin. I am trying to copy a formula
down a column and the formula copies fine but when I hit the enter key the
cells don't show the totals, they show a dash sign or minus sign. Are you
familiar with this problem? Thank you, denise

"Larry F" wrote:

Thanks Aladin...that worked!

Larry

Larry F Wrote:
Even after checking this box under Tool-Options-Edit the formulas will
not
automatically copy down my formulas when adding news rows. The formulas
are
in the precedding 25 rows. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks
Larry

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278061

windsurferLA

denise wrote:
I have a question maybe you can help aladin. I am trying to copy a formula
down a column and the formula copies fine but when I hit the enter key the
cells don't show the totals, they show a dash sign or minus sign. Are you
familiar with this problem? Thank you, denise

"Larry F" wrote:

Thanks Aladin...that worked!

Larry

Larry F Wrote:

Even after checking this box under Tool-Options-Edit the formulas will
not
automatically copy down my formulas when adding news rows. The formulas
are
in the precedding 25 rows. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks
Larry

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278061

Are you certain that the result of each formula is something other than
zero? The cell may be formatted to display a "-" when the value is zero.