John Lovin

Default Formulas not working

Ok. I thought I'd figured it out. When I open the file, in the Title Bar,
it has the file name followed by the word [Group] and the formulas are still
screwed up.

Help!

John

"John Lovin" wrote in message
Ok. This is strange. I just figured out what the problem is with the
recalculation, but don't know what caused it. In the
<Tools<Options<Calculation Menu, Calculation was set to Manual. Do any
of you know how this could happen? Some sort of inadvertant hot key

combo?
Virus?

Thanks,

John

"John Lovin" wrote in message
I've never had this before. I track information on a weekly basis and

the
worksheet uses formulas (obviously). I've been just opening the

spreadsheet
and entering new data and the formulas recalculate. This week, when I

put
the new data in, the totals in the cells with the formulas didn't

update.
The formula is correct =C6+D6 or whatever), but no recalculation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John Lovin

Spiff

John,

I think you were on the right track with the Tool | Options | Calculations
setting being on Manual. Make sure this is set to Automatic and save the
file immediately afterwards.

Something that I've noticed that happens with the calculation setting is
that if I have a spreadsheet open that is set to Manual Recalculation and
then open one at the same time, that should recalculate Automatically,
because the first spreadsheet was set to manual, the second one gets changed
without my knowledge. Maybe that happened to you?

Henry Falk

"John Lovin" wrote in message
I've never had this before. I track information on a weekly basis and

the
worksheet uses formulas (obviously). I've been just opening the

spreadsheet
and entering new data and the formulas recalculate. This week, when I

put
the new data in, the totals in the cells with the formulas didn't

update.
The formula is correct =C6+D6 or whatever), but no recalculation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John Lovin

Gord Dibben

John

The [group] means you have more than one worksheet selected.

This will not affect calculation setting, but can cause disastrous effects on
the sheets in the group.

What you are entering/formatting on one sheet will be done to all sheets in
the group.

You will notice two or more sheet tabs are colored white. These are the
sheets that are grouped.

Select an ungrouped sheet or right-click on any sheet and "ungroup sheets".

Depending upon how long you have had the sheets grouped, you could have
some(many?) errors on these sheets.

Check carefully before ungrouping.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"John Lovin" wrote in message
I've never had this before. I track information on a weekly basis and

the
worksheet uses formulas (obviously). I've been just opening the

spreadsheet
and entering new data and the formulas recalculate. This week, when I

put
the new data in, the totals in the cells with the formulas didn't

update.
The formula is correct =C6+D6 or whatever), but no recalculation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John Lovin

John Lovin

Gord,

I figured it out...thanks...Geeze...I've not EVER had this much trouble!
Thanks for the help.