AB

Default Dynamic contents of commens box

Hello,

Is there a way by which I can make the contents of a
comment box dynamic, i.e. based on the contents of one or
more cells in the spreadsheet?

My preference is for a worksheet function / formula rather
than a macro. If no such function exists then of course
I will settle for a macro.

Thanks for your help.

AB.

Dave Peterson

You could use a UDF (UserDefinedFunction).

you could have a UDF (user defined function) to copy a comment from one cell to
another. It'll be written in VBA, but it can be called from a worksheet cell.

Option Explicit
Function EchoComment(FCell As Range, TCell As Range)

If TCell.Comment Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
TCell.Comment.Delete