Anvil Scott

Default Better support for dynamic content within headers and footers

One of the major limitations that I find there is with Excel is the ability
to display dynamic content within headers and footers. Specifically, without
adding VBA code, there is no way to place anything in the headers/footers
except for static text, the page number, the number of pages, date (in a
standard format), time (in a standard format), file name, sheet name, and
graphics.

For starters, I would like to see the following new functionality:

- The ability to specify different ways of formatting dates and times. A
good way to do this would be similar to how different formats are used with
date/time fields in Word. For example, you would be able to specify &[Date
"d MMMM yyyy"]

- The ability to specify data from a worksheet cell/variable. For example,
you could specify &[Cell Sheet2!B12] to display the contents of cell B12 on
Sheet2

Ideally, I would like to see the ability to put anything that you can put
into a cell into each of the Left, Center, and Right sections of the header
and the footer.

-- Scott