Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leemac

Default saving workbook

When I try to save a specific woorkbook I get "exel has generated errors
and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. "An
error log has been created". When I do restart the program I get the
same results. HELP!

--
Leemac
Leemac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Do a systematic troubleshooting. For instance; if you have macros, remark
out one module at a time and try to save the file each time. Then
remark-out one macro at a time. If you have multiple sheets, remove one
sheet at a time (move it to another file). Do this until you can save it.
Then work on the last item you changed to isolate the cause. HTH Otto
"Leemac" wrote in
message ...

When I try to save a specific woorkbook I get "exel has generated errors
and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. "An
error log has been created". When I do restart the program I get the
same results. HELP!

--
Leemac
Leemac's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=511429

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If it only happens to that specific workbook...

It sounds to me like the workbook is corrupted.

Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

There are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want
to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

And sometimes newer versions of excel can open files that older versions can't.
(And sometimes just different versions may work, too!)