Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Missy

Default Auto update to "tab" in a reference link

I'm not looking for a Hyperlink so much as a linked reference to
another wkbk as source. Such as, when the source is updated or populated,
this formula automatically updates as a result. I've been able to get the
"link" to work as text, but now just to get the syntax correct as a formula.
Here's my text: "[jeff_link_test.xls]")&Tab&("!$D$1"). Everything between
the parenth. and quotes is actually a reference to another wkbk. The TAB
name is a formula of month(c3)&"-"&day(c3), pertaining to the tab for each
day of the month in the source wkbk. This part of the equation needs to
change for each day listed in a column (c) in the non-source wkbk so,
ideally, i can drag and drop the formula and the tab reference is a variable
based on the date in column (C). -Missy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

If you use =hyperlink() in an adjacent cell.

=HYPERLINK("C:\my documents\excel\book2.xls#"&"'"&TEXT(A1,"m-d")&"'!A1")

Missy wrote:

For example, if the tab of the link is 2-5, and the date in column A is
2/5/06, we want to link to ='[book2]2-5'!. Where 2-5 also corresponds to
=month(A1)&"-"&day(A1), therefore changing the link to the tab associated
with the date in A1, then A2, etc. Can we use a "formula" (month, day,
etc.), in a link?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul

i dont quite get it.?The "master workbook"has a reference to a source
workbook,which is dynamic ,based on the last workbook(how many to choose
from?)modified?But this reference doesnt have to "work"?
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!