CCW

Default Duplicate Conditional Sum Formulas

Is it possible to copy a conditional sum formula to another cell so that only
one part of the formula has to be changed, rather than rewritting the whole
equation?
Frank Kabel

Hi
post your formula and your desired result. also take a look at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/relative.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"CCW" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it possible to copy a conditional sum formula to another cell so

that only
one part of the formula has to be changed, rather than rewritting the

whole
equation?

CCW

I am trying to sum the total items dispositioned as scrap, etc. by week. I
have a "Week" column, a Disposition Collumn and a Quantity Column. Using
the conditional sum wizzard gives me this equation,

{=SUM(IF($A$3:$A$461=DATEVALUE("6/12/2004"),IF($K3:$K461="SCRAP",$J$3:$J$461,0),O))}

Using the wizzard this works. However, If I copy the formula to another
cell and change the date value or the disposition, (K3:K461="REWORK"), the
value does not compute and the equation text is in the cell. Note the { }'s
have been dropped from the front and back of the equation and #VALUE appears
in the cell.

Any thoughts? - They are appreciated!

"CCW" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it possible to copy a conditional sum formula to another cell so

that only
one part of the formula has to be changed, rather than rewritting the

whole
equation?

Frank Kabel

Hi