Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJS76 via OfficeKB.com

Default Sumproduct question

Hi all,

With the help of the sumproduct formula I'm trying to count how many tickets
were created by our Servicedesk team sorted by division of the reporter of
the incident.

In my spreadsheet Column N shows the groups that can create tickets and
column T shows the division of the reporter of the ticket.

I used this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Data SD Opened'!N2:N65536="dlo-NL-HDK*")*('Data SD Opened'!T2:
T65536="*Concernstaf*"))

The result I get is 0 even though there are tickets from the division
Concernstaf.

Can somebody please tell me what's wrong in my formula?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('Data SD
Opened'!N2:N65536,10)="dlo-NL-HDK")--(ISNUMBER(MATCH("Concernstaf",'Data SD
Opened'!T2:T65536))))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RJS76 via OfficeKB.com" <u15953@uwe wrote in message
Hi all,

With the help of the sumproduct formula I'm trying to count how many

tickets
were created by our Servicedesk team sorted by division of the reporter of
the incident.

In my spreadsheet Column N shows the groups that can create tickets and
column T shows the division of the reporter of the ticket.

I used this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Data SD Opened'!N2:N65536="dlo-NL-HDK*")*('Data SD

Opened'!T2:
T65536="*Concernstaf*"))

The result I get is 0 even though there are tickets from the division
Concernstaf.

Can somebody please tell me what's wrong in my formula?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJS76 via OfficeKB.com

Thanks for your reply.

When I use your formula I get the same result (0). When I filter the
spreadsheet for Concernstaf it shows me 8 results.

Any other suggestions?

Bob Phillips wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('Data SD
Opened'!N2:N65536,10)="dlo-NL-HDK")--(ISNUMBER(MATCH("Concernstaf",'Data SD
Opened'!T2:T65536))))

Hi all,

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Bob,

I presume you meant to use SEARCH not MATCH

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('Data SD
Opened'!N2:N65536,10)="dlo-NL-HDK")--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Concernstaf",'Data
SD Opened'!T2:T65536)))

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Hi, did you try my version, unfortunately managed to insert my own typo
(missing comma). The edited version above should work for you

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('Data SD
Opened'!N2:N65536,10)="dlo-NL-HDK"),--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Concernstaf",'Data
SD Opened'!T2:T65536)))

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507150

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJS76 via OfficeKB.com

Thanks, that did the trick!

daddylonglegs wrote:
Bob,

I presume you meant to use SEARCH not MATCH

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('Data S
Opened'!N2:N65536,10)="dlo-NL-HDK")--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Concernstaf",'Dat
SD Opened'!T2:T65536))