Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AuthorizedUserPF

Default Functions not working in Spreadsheet

Good morning;
I encounter this problem on occasions and don't know why. Currently I am
using a plain If, Then formula to compare cell values in two different
columns. The formula is not returning the value. All it is showing in the
cell where the results should be is the formula itself. I also opened it
through the menu and it is displaying the correct calculation there. I
checked my options under calculation and I have it set to automatic.I tried
to force a "Calc now" still nothing. Anyonre encounter this problem. Any
suggestions.

Regards
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Check the cell format and make sure it's not text, change to general or
number, select the cell, press F2 and then press enter, with multiple cells
do an editreplace and replace = with = to force calculation

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"AuthorizedUserPF" wrote in
message ...
Good morning;
I encounter this problem on occasions and don't know why. Currently I am
using a plain If, Then formula to compare cell values in two different
columns. The formula is not returning the value. All it is showing in the
cell where the results should be is the formula itself. I also opened it
through the menu and it is displaying the correct calculation there. I
checked my options under calculation and I have it set to automatic.I
tried
to force a "Calc now" still nothing. Anyonre encounter this problem. Any
suggestions.

Regards
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AuthorizedUserPF

Thanks Peo;

That's exactly what it was, text. It seems our Oracle database is being
converted and recognized as text by our newly upgraded Purchasing
application, Peoplesoft.

Thanks again
Phil