Derrick Robinson

Default Spreadsheet functions

I am creating a New product development business analysis spread sheet. I
would like to know how I can automatically generate 3 5 or 10 years column
for the analysis.
Also whenever I enter a sales revenue for year one I would like year 2 to be
a specified percentage increase of year 1 sales and the same percentage
increase over year 2 sales. Its like a constant 10% increase. The same would
be for the variable and fixed cost. I cannot come up with the formula to do
these automatically. Any help would be highly appreciated
Derrick

Damon Longworth

Try:

Not sure what you mean by "automatically generate 3 5 or 10 years column".

To create an annual increase, multiply the value by 1.10.

10*1.10=11

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Derrick Robinson" wrote in message
I am creating a New product development business analysis spread sheet. I
would like to know how I can automatically generate 3 5 or 10 years column
for the analysis.
Also whenever I enter a sales revenue for year one I would like year 2 to
be a specified percentage increase of year 1 sales and the same percentage
increase over year 2 sales. Its like a constant 10% increase. The same
would be for the variable and fixed cost. I cannot come up with the
formula to do these automatically. Any help would be highly appreciated
Derrick

Derrick Robinson

I have seen spreadsheets asking you to specify number of year analysis you
want to generate. You put 5 or 3 and it generates a 5 -year or 3- year
column spreadsheet. The formula was not visible so I could see how it was
done.

"Damon Longworth" wrote in message
[...]

Damon Longworth

It is hard to advise, because your application will be specific. You could
add a message box asking the user the number of years. Your code would take
this number and generate the appropriate columns formatted with the required
data.

You should be able to record most of the required steps. Have a look at
MsgBox in help. Post back if you get stuck.