Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kenzie

Default Where?Worksheet code module or Worksheet_SelectionChange event han

Thanks to anyone who answers. I am using Excel 2003. If you search help for
"Use color banding to locate the active cell" it will tell you to paste a
certain code into the 'Worksheet code module' or 'Worksheet_SelectionChange
event handler'.

I cannot find it to post a code into it, and I am not sure exactly how once
I find it. It highlights all the cells above and to the side of the cell you
have selected, for easier viewing purposes. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Right-click on the tab name
Select: View Code

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Kenzie" wrote:

Thanks to anyone who answers. I am using Excel 2003. If you search help for
"Use color banding to locate the active cell" it will tell you to paste a
certain code into the 'Worksheet code module' or 'Worksheet_SelectionChange
event handler'.

I cannot find it to post a code into it, and I am not sure exactly how once
I find it. It highlights all the cells above and to the side of the cell you
have selected, for easier viewing purposes. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kenzie

Default Where?Worksheet code module or Worksheet_SelectionChange event

Hi Ron, thanks so much. Please don't think I'm dumb - but right click on
which tab name?

Just to clarify: I want to be able to see the cell I am working with
easier, and this will highlight everything above a cell and everything to the
left of the cell everywhere you go in the spreadsheet.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Right-click on the tab name
Select: View Code

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Kenzie" wrote:

Thanks to anyone who answers. I am using Excel 2003. If you search help for
"Use color banding to locate the active cell" it will tell you to paste a
certain code into the 'Worksheet code module' or 'Worksheet_SelectionChange
event handler'.

I cannot find it to post a code into it, and I am not sure exactly how once
I find it. It highlights all the cells above and to the side of the cell you
have selected, for easier viewing purposes. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Since it's a worksheet event, you'd need to put your code in the sheet module
for the sheet you want it associated with.

For example, if you want that code to work on Sheet1, then right click on
the Sheet1 tab (at the bottom of the worksheet) and select View Code.

There will be 2 dropdowns at the top of the window.
Set the left dropdown to Worksheet
Set the right dropdown to SelectionChange

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Kenzie" wrote:

Hi Ron, thanks so much. Please don't think I'm dumb - but right click on
which tab name?

Just to clarify: I want to be able to see the cell I am working with
easier, and this will highlight everything above a cell and everything to the
left of the cell everywhere you go in the spreadsheet.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Right-click on the tab name
Select: View Code

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Kenzie" wrote:

Thanks to anyone who answers. I am using Excel 2003. If you search help for
"Use color banding to locate the active cell" it will tell you to paste a
certain code into the 'Worksheet code module' or 'Worksheet_SelectionChange
event handler'.

I cannot find it to post a code into it, and I am not sure exactly how once
I find it. It highlights all the cells above and to the side of the cell you
have selected, for easier viewing purposes. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kenzie

Thanks again. I did it just fine.

"Kenzie" wrote:

Hi Ron, thanks so much. Please don't think I'm dumb - but right click on
which tab name?

Just to clarify: I want to be able to see the cell I am working with
easier, and this will highlight everything above a cell and everything to the
left of the cell everywhere you go in the spreadsheet.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Right-click on the tab name
Select: View Code

Does that help?