Karen

Default Unprotect Sheets

Is there a way to unprotect a series of worksheets?
All of the worksheets have the same password.
When I group the worksheets and go to Tools Protection,
the "Unprotect Sheet" opeion is grayed out.

Thank you
Frank Kabel

Hi
not possible without VBA

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Karen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there a way to unprotect a series of worksheets?
All of the worksheets have the same password.
When I group the worksheets and go to Tools Protection,
the "Unprotect Sheet" opeion is grayed out.

Thank you

Adam

Hi Karen,
I had the very same problem some time back and got an excellent VBA code
from Harald staff that you can find below. You have one sub that protects all
the worksheets with the same password and one that unlocks all the sheets
with the same PW.

-------------------
Hi

Not without macro code. Here it is:

Sub LockEm()
Dim i As Long
Dim PW As String
Dim WS As Worksheet
PW = InputBox("Password:")
On Error GoTo MyErr
For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
WS.Protect (PW)
Next
MsgBox i & " errors while protecting", vbInformation
Exit Sub
MyErr:
i = i + 1
Resume Next
End Sub

Sub UnLockEm()
Dim i As Long
Dim PW As String
Dim WS As Worksheet
PW = InputBox("Password:")
On Error GoTo MyErr
For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
WS.Unprotect (PW)
Next
MsgBox i & " errors while unprotecting", vbInformation
Exit Sub
MyErr:
i = i + 1
Resume Next
End Sub

"Karen" skrev:

Thank you - I'll give it a try
for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets
wks.unprotect
next
end sub

If you have a password applied change