Al

Default CountIF across multiple sheets in a workbook

Hi

I am using Excel XP. I have a spreadsheet that has 25 sheets and I want to
count how many of those sheets have a zero in cell reference A1 of each
sheet.

Although I can sum the cells A1 across all of the 25 sheets, I can't perform
a COUNTIF (which I believe is the function I need to use).

Is there any way I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Frank Kabel

Hi
try the following
- put the list of your sheet names in a separate range. e.g. X1:X25
- use the following formula
=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'" & X1:X25 & "'!A1"),0))