Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jill

Default how to sort my whole sheet

I have 28 columns in my sheet and when I sort by column b and then a, it
ignores the last four columns. I tried to highlight the range but it just
ignores those column. I add information by row on a nearly daily basis and
all I want is to sort by customer last name and then first name (column B
then A) I have done this date sheet before with no problem and this year I
added three new columns and now I have this sorting problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If one of your columns is blank, XL will not assume any data beyond is
connected to the rest.......try highlighting all the columns of interest
before doing the sort..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jill" wrote:

I have 28 columns in my sheet and when I sort by column b and then a, it
ignores the last four columns. I tried to highlight the range but it just
ignores those column. I add information by row on a nearly daily basis and
all I want is to sort by customer last name and then first name (column B
then A) I have done this date sheet before with no problem and this year I
added three new columns and now I have this sorting problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

If you were using Ctrl+A to select all cells and have switched to Excel 2003
then you will have to learn to use Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar to select all cells

The shortcuts will not change the active cell so are preferable to use of the
gray button between the column letters and the row numbers.

If your company is responsible for several thousand seats, please suggest
to Microsoft that changing Ctrl+A is not a good idea.

---
HTH,