Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
brianTmcnamara

Default not sure where to start

I'm trying to figure out what worksheet function(s) will best handle what I'm
trying to accomplish. go easy on how I attempt to detail what I'm trying to
do.

Think budgetting tool.

I've created a "child" worksheet matrix that sums data belonging to certain
account and object codes. Each worksheet is ONE GL account with X number of
object codes. say 50. The object codes don't change per worksheet but are
unique amongst themselves; Only the Account # field changes per worksheet
(and correlating values). I've created a "parent" worksheet that rolls up
each Account # worksheet by object code (using DSUM). In essence I'm asking
various department heads to budget by Acccount # (worksheet) and object code.

I'm trying to create one worksheet that will then list all of the Account
Number worksheets (by object code). Will Excel read through an expanding
number of worksheets successively as it will read through successive rows and
columns and return a specific value (or set of values) from each worksheet?
For instance, return cell values (these are the acccount numbers) on one
worksheet from a group of worksheets wherein cell A3 is unique to EACH
Account number worksheet.

I'm not sure I'm doing an adequate job explaing this but any
suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Thx.

/brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael E. McGraw

Try looking he

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...rk sheets.htm

"brianTmcnamara" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
brianTmcnamara

Michael,

almost but not really....

I'm really looking to return all successive values in a given cell per
worksheet to a different cell in succession. worksheet 3:a3 lands in
worksheet4:a1. worksheet2:a3 lands in worksheet4:b1. worksheet1:a3 lands in
worksheet4:c1.

-brian

"brianTmcnamara" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. A. McClelland

Brian:

I am sure that we can help you except your explanation is very unclear.

Give us some sample data: About 3 columns and 4 rows from 3 sheets. Then
explain in the context of your example data what you are trying to
accomplish.

=Mac=

L. A. McClelland