Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Default Bringing Last line of worksheet to a Summary page

I want to bring the last line of several worksheets to a summary page. I can
counta for the last line, but I can't seem to get the values of that location
onto the summary page. The last line of the worksheets will constantly
change so I can't just go grab the values.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Something like

=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A),0)

returns the last cell ijn column A of Sheet2, assuming there are no blanks

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Debbie" wrote in message
I want to bring the last line of several worksheets to a summary page. I

can
counta for the last line, but I can't seem to get the values of that

location
onto the summary page. The last line of the worksheets will constantly
change so I can't just go grab the values.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Bob,

This almost works. I'm getting excited now!!!.. It seems that it brings the
correct value to the summary page only when the value has been calculated.
If it has been a straight value that has been added, it doesn't bring it
forward. On sheet B.. if I have added 2 numbers, it will bring that
forward.. but if I had just entered the number 59 or a date, it doesn't seem
to work. Thanks for getting me closer. Any other suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Debbie,

I would suggest putting your totals formula (I assume that is what they
are) on the top row of each sheet, so that they will be something like:

=SUM(A3:A500)

allowing row 2 for headings and up to 500 for data. This way the
formulae in your summary sheet will always get the data from row 1 of
the detailed sheets. In the detailed sheets you can arrange for the
range to be as large or as small as the data you expect.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Only a couple of the columns are totals. It is a running list of stocks
purchased by date purchased. Some total shares.. while others are just share
price.

"Pete" wrote:

Debbie,

I would suggest putting your totals formula (I assume that is what they
are) on the top row of each sheet, so that they will be something like:

=SUM(A3:A500)

allowing row 2 for headings and up to 500 for data. This way the
formulae in your summary sheet will always get the data from row 1 of
the detailed sheets. In the detailed sheets you can arrange for the
range to be as large or as small as the data you expect.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

That is odd, there is nothing in the formula that differentiates the data,
it just looks for the last item. You don't have any blanks in that list by
any chance?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Debbie" wrote in message
Bob,

This almost works. I'm getting excited now!!!.. It seems that it brings

the
correct value to the summary page only when the value has been calculated.
If it has been a straight value that has been added, it doesn't bring it
forward. On sheet B.. if I have added 2 numbers, it will bring that
forward.. but if I had just entered the number 59 or a date, it doesn't

seem
to work. Thanks for getting me closer. Any other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

No, not in that worksheet. I do have a column cell or two empty in a couple
of them, but not in column B that I am counting. That one always has data.
I have tried it with a couple of the worksheets with the same results.

"Debbie" wrote in message
Bob,

This almost works. I'm getting excited now!!!.. It seems that it brings

the
correct value to the summary page only when the value has been calculated.
If it has been a straight value that has been added, it doesn't bring it
forward. On sheet B.. if I have added 2 numbers, it will bring that
forward.. but if I had just entered the number 59 or a date, it doesn't

seem
to work. Thanks for getting me closer. Any other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Bob,

I think I have a sample that you can get to. Try

https://home.comcast.net/~dlnewco/test.xls

Thanks alot!!!

Debbie