Kalabalana

Default IF statement problem

I have an if statement, and for either the true or false conditional
statements, I would like to type some text and have a number displayed.
This number is calculated by some formula.
For example, IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,"The current row; "ROW()" is even.",
"This row is odd.")
But the above syntax is incorrect. What is the correct syntax to
perform this type of operation?

--
Kalabalana
Kalabalana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11433

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,"The current row; " & ROW() &" is even.",
"This row is odd.")

A variant:

="This row is " & IF(MOD(ROW(),2),"odd.","even.")

In article ,
Kalabalana wrote:

I have an if statement, and for either the true or false conditional
statements, I would like to type some text and have a number displayed.
This number is calculated by some formula.
For example, IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,"The current row; "ROW()" is even.",
"This row is odd.")
But the above syntax is incorrect. What is the correct syntax to
perform this type of operation?

crispbd

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,"The current row " & ROW() & " is even.", "This row
is odd.")

--
crispbd
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10880