Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reed

Default 20 yr Replacement plan for assets

I have a spreadsheet with the original asset value and time frame (# yrs)
when the asset needs to be replaced. To the right I have 20 columns one for
each year starting with 2006. At the top I have the year and the future
value factor for each year. I want a formula in the cells to the right of
each asset that calculates the future replacement cost of that asset in the
year it needs replacing. I figured out how to do this with an "if/then"
formula but it I can't get it to work for multiple replacements, like when an
asset needs to be replaced every 5 years (4 times during the 20 yr
replacement cycle). Any ideas?