Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
imills

Default Moving data from from one worksheet to another

I want to create a workbook in which I can enter (farm) feild information in
the front worksheet, set up similiar to a checkbook register. I have
specified a column in which I will use a code name for a given feild. I have
also created summary worksheets for each feild on the farm. What I want to do
is copy the data from the front sheet which pertains to each feild into the
individual feild summary sheets. Can I use the first column of each row to
isolate and copy only the rows that have a matching codename to the
corresponding feild summary sheet. How can I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

You can, but I wouldn't.

I'd just apply data|filter|Autofilter to show/hide the stuff I want
shown/hidden.

But if you really want....

Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin have samples that you may like. Ron's addin
may be sufficient right out of the box.

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

And Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--