worksheetmom

Default How do I collect data from an interactive web worksheet and impor.

I am trying to publish a web site to collect orders for a program at our
school. Currently, we keep the data in an excel worksheet (2000) when we
enter the orders. I want to save the worksheet with interactivity, publish
it, and allow people to enter data to place their orders online. I want to
save the data to a file, and then import back into the original worksheet on
the home computer. Both worksheets (at home and on the web) would be
identical. I want to collect data from customers, and import to my sheet
without having to do the data entry.
I know how to publish, lock cells, etc, I just need help with the data
transfer. Thanks!
Nick B

This is really beyond the scope of Excel. To get anything to work like this
you would have to set it up on the server so that the web user would have
full rights to the file, and probably more. But it would be something the
server administrator would have to do, if it would work at all. You really
need to use HTML forms and have a server-side script save the submitted data
to a database on the server, or have the user just email you the file after
they make changes.

"worksheetmom" wrote:

I am trying to publish a web site to collect orders for a program at our
school. Currently, we keep the data in an excel worksheet (2000) when we
enter the orders. I want to save the worksheet with interactivity, publish
it, and allow people to enter data to place their orders online. I want to
save the data to a file, and then import back into the original worksheet on
the home computer. Both worksheets (at home and on the web) would be
identical. I want to collect data from customers, and import to my sheet
without having to do the data entry.
I know how to publish, lock cells, etc, I just need help with the data
transfer. Thanks!

This online spreadsheet software should do exactly what you need:

http://web.peoriadesignweb.com/spreadsheet

hth.