Mark

Default DSum function

Hi,
I'm tryin' to sum all values from database let say collumn no. 1 (total no
of columns 5).
Problem looks like that. When I'm sumarise all values by adding autofilter
(doing manualy) and sellecting criteria one by one from column 2 to 5 I
receive total sum in column 1 let say 1000 but when I'm doing this by DSum
function adding criteria in cells A1:D2 (four criteria - headher over and
criteria under headher one by one in next column) value is different than
first one.
=DSUM(database;1;A1:D2)
Problem starts from third criteria. Till second the sum is the same in both
summing processes. Multiplying syntex of database by 1 don't helps.

What can be the problem?
Rgds,
Mark

Frank Kabel

Hi probably some of your values are not really stored as numbers but as
'Text'. check the cells with a formula such as
=ISNUMBER(D1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mark" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Mark

Thanks. Problem was that walues filtered by DSum function recognises
incorrectly values (in my example text format). One of the Criteria was Group
and values were e.g. Group I, Group II. Problem was that text string Group I
was the same for both arguments "Group I" & "Group I"I.
Thanks for help Frank