Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ring eye

Default conditional formatting with four conditions

Can it be done? I am trying to setup conditional formatting on the four
conditions.
value in cell M4 less than value in cell P4 color yellow
value in cell M4 greater than value in cell P4 color pink
value in cell M4 equal value in cell P4 Or Cell P4 equal
zero color purple

PS this is my second day on using Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

It's still only three different outcomes, so you can do this with conditional
formatting. The final condition would be =or(m4=p4,p4=0).
Caveat: the order in which CFs are evaluated is such that the first
condition satisfied gets applied. So the condition above should be set as
the first condition; otherwise the p4=0 won't have a chance, as you'll
already have satisfied one of the earlier conditions.
--Bruce

"Ring eye" wrote:

Can it be done? I am trying to setup conditional formatting on the four
conditions.
value in cell M4 less than value in cell P4 color yellow
value in cell M4 greater than value in cell P4 color pink
value in cell M4 equal value in cell P4 Or Cell P4 equal
zero color purple

PS this is my second day on using Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ring eye

Thanks again, I bought Step by Step book for Excel 2003 and I could not find
any sample in it. Did I buy the wrong book.