Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
noelalain

Default To add a name of label on several sheets.

I have for example 3 sheets January, February, Mars representing the days of
the months. I would like to add a label "planning" by selecting days 1 to 31.
How to make so that the name of the label planning is the same one for
January, February, March.
Thank you for your assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

If these sheets are kept in a sequential order:

Summary | Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr |.....................| Dec |

Then in the InsertNameDefine refers to box:

=Jan:Dec!$A$1:$A$31

Biff

"noelalain" wrote in message

I have for example 3 sheets January, February, Mars representing the days
of
the months. I would like to add a label "planning" by selecting days 1 to
31.
How to make so that the name of the label planning is the same one for
January, February, March.
Thank you for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

I don't know how the OP wanted to implement this but it does work where "3D"
references will work:

SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, SMALL, LARGE etc.

Biff

"noelalain" wrote in message

I have for example 3 sheets January, February, Mars representing the

days
of
the months. I would like to add a label "planning" by selecting days 1

31.
How to make so that the name of the label planning is the same one for
January, February, March.
Thank you for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

I took the OP to mean that each *individual* sheet should have a range named
"Planning", since they did mention that it should "refer to the sheet in
progress".

This is normally accomplished on a sheet by sheet basis, and I guess I
incorrectly assumed that you read the OP the same as I, and your procedure
was a "shortcut" to applying a single name to numerous sheets, individually.

The only "easy" way I'm aware of, is assigning a sheet specific name to the
first sheet, and then as you copy this sheet and change their names, each
will automatically contain this same, named, sheet specific range.

So, when I mentioned that your suggestion didn't work, I was referring to my
interpretation of the OP's request.

Apologies.

RD

"noelalain" wrote in message

I have for example 3 sheets January, February, Mars representing the

days
of
the months. I would like to add a label "planning" by selecting days 1

31.
How to make so that the name of the label planning is the same one for
January, February, March.
Thank you for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

when I mentioned that your suggestion didn't work, I was referring to my
interpretation

Different interpretations are a good thing! I'm sure you've seen where
different interpretations can lead to extended discussions amongst us
regulars while the OP is nowhere to be found! So all we can do is guess at
what the OP really meant!

Biff

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
It looks good Biff, but couldn't get it to work for me!

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!