Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
thedarkman

Default summing columns

I'm ashamed to say that although I passed City & Guilds a few years ago
I've forgotten almost everything I know about this program.

if I have a column of numbers say cells A1- 500, how can I put the
running total in B1, B2, etc?

Also, when there is a negative balance this comes up red, can I change
this to black?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

In B1 put

=SUM($A$1:A1)

copy down

Use a format of

£#,##0.00

will return negative with a preceding minus

Peo Sjoblom

ups.com...