Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Les

Default Excel should let me use hidden text (like MS Word) - Thanks

It would be beneficial if Excel provided a hidden text option like MS Word.
This would allow information to be stored in cells but not printed when the
spreadsheet is printed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Good luck with that one ! LOL

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Les" wrote in message
It would be beneficial if Excel provided a hidden text option like MS
Word.
This would allow information to be stored in cells but not printed when
the
spreadsheet is printed.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

What you are suggesting can already be accomplished in a number of ways. You
can place the info in a Hidden Row or Column. Or, use a seperate Worksheet
for data storage. You could also change the text color of the "hidden" cell
to white (or whatever background color you're using). That way it is still
accessible, but will not show up when printing. And if you get into writing
VB code, you can open up even more possibilities.

"Les" wrote:

It would be beneficial if Excel provided a hidden text option like MS Word.
This would allow information to be stored in cells but not printed when the
spreadsheet is printed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

And if you're working with strings:

="this is a string " & text(a1,"$0.00") & text("this is a comment",";;;")

Sandy Mann wrote:

An additional way is to use the N function to include the hidden text in the
formula thus:

=SUM(A1:A10) +N("I want to add up the first 10 cells in column A")

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk