Myrna

Default Start_Day Name Help

Hi,
I have a seperate file with the current day set.
I created a folder for Payroll
I created a file called Payroll
My November (04) worksheet has the start day inserted.
A1 = Start_Day inserted correctly.
A2 cell has =IF(A1="",""a1+1)
Great I dragged A2 to A34
Worked perfect.
There is some month with 31 days this is why I stopped here.

I copied this spreadsheet and made a workbook. Now called Dec (04)
How do link the start day with this new month for Dec.
Myrna
--
Thank you
Frank Kabel

Hi
try the following formula in cell A1:
=--("2004" & "-" &
LEFT(MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255),3) &
"-1")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Myrna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a seperate file with the current day set.
I created a folder for Payroll
I created a file called Payroll
My November (04) worksheet has the start day inserted.
A1 = Start_Day inserted correctly.
A2 cell has =IF(A1="",""a1+1)
Great I dragged A2 to A34
Worked perfect.
There is some month with 31 days this is why I stopped here.

I copied this spreadsheet and made a workbook. Now called Dec (04)
How do link the start day with this new month for Dec.
Myrna
--
Thank you

Myrna

Frank,
I get #VALUE#
Do I need to replace the filename in the formula below with the folder name
I created with the start day???

In My Documents
Folder is called: Excel Templates (Master Copies) within this is:
(PS) Start Date_Master with spreadsheet with startday in A1:
(PS) Cash Payout_Master has A5 with startday: link with file above. Works
Great
This (PS) Cash Payout_Master has worksheets called Nov (04) Dec (04)
etc.

So in Dec (04) worksheet i need to place the formula in A5 which is startday?

Having problems. Thank you

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Myrna

Frank,
Had troubles with your formula.

Copied Nov A34
Paste Special to Dec sheet in A5
This was the link: ='Nov (04)'!$A$34
Place a +1 on end: ='Nov (04)'!$A$34+1
Since I copied Nov worksheet to make Dec (identical format)
The Date and year 12/1 and all the data changes below.

Question: Is this the hard way of doing it????

Great Wed showed up.
Dragged my fill down and worked great.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Bob Phillips

You should not change Filename, it is just telling Cell function what
attribute it wants.

Frank's formula, as appeared in the NG, spanned 3 lines. Make sure that you
get it all onto the one line, remove the breaks.

--

HTH

RP

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Myrna

Bob,
I pasted the formula to note pad. Brought it on one line.
Are the Breaks the &????

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Bob Phillips

Myrna,

No the breaks I was referring to are line breaks, which you won't see as a
character, but in the formula bar it will span 3 lines. The & in Frank's
formula are necessary for it to work.

--

HTH

RP

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following formula in cell A1:
=--("2004" & "-" &
LEFT(MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255),3)

&
"-1")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Myrna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a seperate file with the current day set.
I created a folder for Payroll
I created a file called Payroll
My November (04) worksheet has the start day inserted.
A1 = Start_Day inserted correctly.
A2 cell has =IF(A1="",""a1+1)
Great I dragged A2 to A34
Worked perfect.
There is some month with 31 days this is why I stopped here.

I copied this spreadsheet and made a workbook. Now called Dec (04)
How do link the start day with this new month for Dec.
Myrna
--
Thank you

Myrna

Bob & Frank,
Sorry for my novice brain with Excel.
1. 1 Folder and within this folder I have:
2. Workbooks (8 total)
3. (1 of 8) is Startday, A1 changed to: Startday =11/01/04
4. (OK)
5. Workbook (2 of 8) is Cash Payout
6. This workbook has 12 worksheets Ex: Nov (04) Dec (04) Jan (05) etc.
7. Nov (04) worksheet was a paste special from Startday workbook:
8. A5 ='C:\My Documents\Excel Templates (Master Copies)\[(PS) Start
Date_Master.xls]Startday'!$A$1
9. OK: Now I see the date: A5 =11/1
10. A6 =IF(A5="","",A5+1) now I see A6 =11/2
11. I drag the fill bar to A35 now I see A35 =12/31 Stopped here because
some months have 31 days.
12. OK
13. I copied this worksheet and named it Dec (04) This is identical to Nov
(04)
14. Now in A5 I placed the formula:
15: A5 now is: Startday =--("2004" & "-"
&LEFT(MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255),3) &"-1")
16. Did I take the breaks out correctly ????
17: Then for every worksheet I place the formula above to change to the
current date ??
Thank you both,
Myrna