Myrna

Frank,
Had troubles with your formula.

Copied Nov A34
Paste Special to Dec sheet in A5
This was the link: ='Nov (04)'!$A$34
Place a +1 on end: ='Nov (04)'!$A$34+1
Since I copied Nov worksheet to make Dec (identical format)
The Date and year 12/1 and all the data changes below.

Question: Is this the hard way of doing it????

Great Wed showed up.
Dragged my fill down and worked great.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following formula in cell A1:
=--("2004" & "-" &
LEFT(MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255),3) &
"-1")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Myrna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a seperate file with the current day set.
I created a folder for Payroll
I created a file called Payroll
My November (04) worksheet has the start day inserted.
A1 = Start_Day inserted correctly.
A2 cell has =IF(A1="",""a1+1)
Great I dragged A2 to A34
Worked perfect.
There is some month with 31 days this is why I stopped here.

I copied this spreadsheet and made a workbook. Now called Dec (04)
How do link the start day with this new month for Dec.
Myrna
--
Thank you