Myrna

Frank,
I get #VALUE#
Do I need to replace the filename in the formula below with the folder name
I created with the start day???

In My Documents
Folder is called: Excel Templates (Master Copies) within this is:
(PS) Start Date_Master with spreadsheet with startday in A1:
(PS) Cash Payout_Master has A5 with startday: link with file above. Works
Great
This (PS) Cash Payout_Master has worksheets called Nov (04) Dec (04)
etc.

So in Dec (04) worksheet i need to place the formula in A5 which is startday?

Having problems. Thank you

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
try the following formula in cell A1:
=--("2004" & "-" &
LEFT(MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255),3) &
"-1")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Myrna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a seperate file with the current day set.
I created a folder for Payroll
I created a file called Payroll
My November (04) worksheet has the start day inserted.
A1 = Start_Day inserted correctly.
A2 cell has =IF(A1="",""a1+1)
Great I dragged A2 to A34
Worked perfect.
There is some month with 31 days this is why I stopped here.

I copied this spreadsheet and made a workbook. Now called Dec (04)
How do link the start day with this new month for Dec.
Myrna
--
Thank you