Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Default Conditional Formula

I am wanting to write a formula where J8 J7 and return the result "Yes" in
K8. If J7 is blank the the formula needs to look at J8J6.
I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Maybe

=IF(J8J7,"Yes",IF(AND(J7="",J8J6),"Yes",""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R.VENKATARAMAN

will this solve your problem

=IF(AND(J7<"",J8J7),"yes",IF(J8J6,"yes",""))

have a thorouh check

I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Bob,

Thanks!

it does not wok either.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Maybe

=IF(J8J7,"Yes",IF(AND(J7="",J8J6),"Yes",""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

R.VENKATARAMAN,

Nope does not get it either

I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It would be more helpful if you tell us how it does not work, we are not
mind-readers.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jon" wrote in message
Bob,

Thanks!

it does not wok either.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Maybe

=IF(J8J7,"Yes",IF(AND(J7="",J8J6),"Yes",""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

I wrote this:
=IF(AND(J81,J8J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
From here I need help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Does this work?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8J6),"Yes",IF(J8J7,"Yes","" ))

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

SteveG,

I copied and pasted it still it showing a Yes when it should not.

I really appreciate the help with all this from all three of you!

Any more suggestion?

Jon

"SteveG" wrote:

Does this work?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8J6),"Yes",IF(J8J7,"Yes","" ))

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495474

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

How about posting exactly what *is* in J6 & J7 & J8,
And what *might* be in each of them.

Keyed in data - What kind - text, or numbers, give examples -

Formulas - do they return text, or numbers, or nulls ( "" - zero length
strings), or logicals (True, False), or error values (#N/A!) - post the
formulas -

Imported data - possibly containing invisible characters -

The more information you give concerning the contents of the cells in
question will enable you to receive more viable suggested solutions.

RD

"SteveG" wrote:

Does this work?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8J6),"Yes",IF(J8J7,"Yes","" ))

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Sure will--Thanks!
J5 is 120
J6 is 193.3
J7 is 0
J8 is 149.0

I am looking to see if J8J7, but on the conditional if J7=O or blank (I
could set up either way) than the formula refer to J8J6 reuturning a result
of "Yes" if it is greater "No" if it is not.

Example:
K6 Should read Yes (due to refering to J6J5)
K8 should read No (due to refering to J8J6)

Hope this is enough information

"SteveG" wrote:

Does this work?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8J6),"Yes",IF(J8J7,"Yes","" ))

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

You never mentioned "NO" in your earlier posts.

Does this work for you:

=IF(OR(AND(J70,J7<J8),J8J6),"YES","NO")
?
--
HTH,

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

How about posting exactly what *is* in J6 & J7 & J8,
And what *might* be in each of them.

Keyed in data - What kind - text, or numbers, give examples -

Formulas - do they return text, or numbers, or nulls ( "" - zero length
strings), or logicals (True, False), or error values (#N/A!) - post the
formulas -

Imported data - possibly containing invisible characters -

The more information you give concerning the contents of the cells in
question will enable you to receive more viable suggested solutions.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"SteveG" wrote:

Does this work?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8J6),"Yes",IF(J8J7,"Yes","" ))

Steve

--
SteveG

SteveG's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Sorry about not mentioning the "No" as I know how to install.

But for the Rest of the story, IT WORKED!

Thanks Ragdyer!

And thanks to all who participated!

Happy Holidays to all!

Jon