swedbera

Default Formula looks like a label

Could anyone tell me why a formula would sometimes work and other times
appear in the cell like it is a label or something? I have been have
problems with the same formula and I know that the formula works. I'm not
even getting an Error or #N/A. Just looks like this and also doesn't change
reference for lookup field when copied down the same column. I would
appreciate any help you can give on this as I have been struggling with it
for two days and can't figure it out.

=VLOOKUP(J2,ZipCodes_Standard!$A$1:$E$8,2,false)

Thanks,

Arlene

Frank Kabel

Hi
check the format of this cell. If it is set to 'Text', change it to
'General' and re-enter your formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"swedbera" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Could anyone tell me why a formula would sometimes work and other

times
appear in the cell like it is a label or something? I have been have
problems with the same formula and I know that the formula works.

I'm not
even getting an Error or #N/A. Just looks like this and also doesn't

change
reference for lookup field when copied down the same column. I would
appreciate any help you can give on this as I have been struggling

with it
for two days and can't figure it out.

=VLOOKUP(J2,ZipCodes_Standard!$A$1:$E$8,2,false)

Thanks,

Arlene

mzehr

This may sound elementary, but double check to make sure that the cell that
you are copying and pasting into are formatted as general, accounting or any
other valid number formats, definitely do not use text. Also double check to
make sure that there is not a ' in front of the formula.