Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Default Add/Replicate Text In Cell Entry

I have something like this "5314RY89" entered in the first row in column B.
It will not be the same number in every cell. There are about 250 rows so
far. I need to add "WONO" at the beginning of each entry so it will show
"WONO5314RY89"

How can I replicate/add the WONO without doing each cell individually.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

One way, in say, C1, copied down:
=IF(TRIM(B1)="","","WONO"&TRIM(B1))
--
Rgds
Max
"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have something like this "5314RY89" entered in the first row in column

B.
It will not be the same number in every cell. There are about 250 rows so
far. I need to add "WONO" at the beginning of each entry so it will show
"WONO5314RY89"

How can I replicate/add the WONO without doing each cell individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

I might be doing something wrong. I keep getting a circular reference when
try the formula.

Here is an example of what I have. I want to put WONO in front of the rest
w/o having to type it in one at at time:

WONO5314RY89
5323RY90
5214RY64
5300RY67

"Max" wrote:

One way, in say, C1, copied down:
=IF(TRIM(B1)="","","WONO"&TRIM(B1))
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I have something like this "5314RY89" entered in the first row in column

B.
It will not be the same number in every cell. There are about 250 rows so
far. I need to add "WONO" at the beginning of each entry so it will show
"WONO5314RY89"

How can I replicate/add the WONO without doing each cell individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

As mentioned (the source data assumed in B1 down), put the formula in an
adjacent cell, say C1, then copy down. Then copy col C and do a paste
special values to overwrite col B. Then delete/clear col C.
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
I might be doing something wrong.
I keep getting a circular reference when try the formula.

Here is an example of what I have. I want to put WONO in front of the

rest w/o having to type it in one at at time:

WONO5314RY89
5323RY90
5214RY64
5300RY67