Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
navychef

Default Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

Hello. I'm stuck once again, and I've come to the greatest place on the
web to seek help! I've learned so much from asking questions and also
reading what others are learning to do.

I'm working on a sheet whe

G5 is a percentage (D5-E5)/F5
L5 is a percentage (I5-J5)/K5
Q5 is a percentage (N5-O5)/P5

When I average G5, L5, Q5, (to place results in R5), I get the #DIV/0
error until I get a figure into either G, L, or Q. I have been working
with =IF(ISERROR to try and hide it, but I keep getting stuck with the
"" in the middle of the formula.

What I was writing is:
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"",AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5)

Where have I gone wrong?

THANK YOU!!! :)

--
navychef
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29457

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5)),"",AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5 ))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"navychef" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
navychef

BINGO!

Thank you, Niek!

--
navychef
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29457
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494267

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Another way:

=IF(SUM(G5,L5,Q5),AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"")

Biff

"navychef" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

"Biff" wrote...
Another way:

=IF(SUM(G5,L5,Q5),AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"")

Why should the average of -2, 5 and -3 display as ""?

Never do more work than necessary. Replace SUM with COUNT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Why should the average of -2, 5 and -3 display as ""?

Ouch!

Never do more work than necessary. Replace SUM with COUNT.

That was my second choice.

Biff