-   -   Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60846-hide-div-0-error-when-averaging.html)

navychef

Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

Hello. I'm stuck once again, and I've come to the greatest place on the
web to seek help! I've learned so much from asking questions and also
reading what others are learning to do.

I'm working on a sheet whe

G5 is a percentage (D5-E5)/F5
L5 is a percentage (I5-J5)/K5
Q5 is a percentage (N5-O5)/P5

When I average G5, L5, Q5, (to place results in R5), I get the #DIV/0
error until I get a figure into either G, L, or Q. I have been working
with =IF(ISERROR to try and hide it, but I keep getting stuck with the
"" in the middle of the formula.

What I was writing is:
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"",AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5)

Where have I gone wrong? :confused:

THANK YOU!!! :)

--
navychef
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29457

Niek Otten

Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5)),"",AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5 ))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"navychef" wrote in
message ...

[...]

BINGO! :eek:

Thank you, Niek!

--
navychef
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29457
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494267

Biff

Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

Another way:

=IF(SUM(G5,L5,Q5),AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"")

Biff

"navychef" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Harlan Grove

Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

"Biff" wrote...
Another way:

=IF(SUM(G5,L5,Q5),AVERAGE(G5,L5,Q5),"")

Why should the average of -2, 5 and -3 display as ""?

Never do more work than necessary. Replace SUM with COUNT.

Biff

Hide #div/0 Error When Averaging

Why should the average of -2, 5 and -3 display as ""?

Ouch!

Never do more work than necessary. Replace SUM with COUNT.

That was my second choice.

Biff