Patty R.

Default #DIV/0 ERROR in AVERAGING

I am creating a worksheet for 2005 calendar year that shows averages.

AVERAGE(C6:AG6)

However, when I the cells are empty the #div/0! displays. I have been
trying to do the IF Function to display a 0 if there is nothing to Average.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patty R.

Dave R.

One way - which will still show errors in averaging if they occur (as
opposed to IF(ISERROR(....) ) ;

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(C6:AG6=""))=COLUMNS(C6:AG6),0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

"Patty R." <Patty wrote in message
I am creating a worksheet for 2005 calendar year that shows averages.

AVERAGE(C6:AG6)

However, when I the cells are empty the #div/0! displays. I have been
trying to do the IF Function to display a 0 if there is nothing to

Average.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patty R.

Steve R

Patty

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(C6:AG6)), 0,AVERAGE(C6:AG6))

Based on your question, this will give month-to-date average. You need to be
mindful that a zero needs to be entered as approproate to maintain a proper
running average.

Steve

"Patty R." <Patty wrote in message
I am creating a worksheet for 2005 calendar year that shows averages.

AVERAGE(C6:AG6)

However, when I the cells are empty the #div/0! displays. I have been
trying to do the IF Function to display a 0 if there is nothing to
Average.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patty R.

Patty R

Bob:

Your formula worked for my Daily numbers. However, the cell is linked to
the Monthly cell and it is not averaging correctly with the other months.
Any suggestions?

Patty