Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lawrence

Default how to cover the formula

hi,

could anyone tell me how to cover the formula in the column, so that people
unable see what the formula i have put in.

thanks in advance...

Lawrence
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Have you tried :
FormatCellsProtection
Checked: Locked and Hidden

When you protect the sheet, users won't be able to see the formula or change
it.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Lawrence" wrote:

hi,

could anyone tell me how to cover the formula in the column, so that people
unable see what the formula i have put in.

thanks in advance...

Lawrence

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lawrence

Ron,

i couldn't find the Locked and hidden... i just able to see the Protection
only...

"Lawrence" wrote:

hi,

could anyone tell me how to cover the formula in the column, so that people
unable see what the formula i have put in.

thanks in advance...

Lawrence

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Hit CTRL A
Goto FormatCellsProtection tab
Uncheck Locked
OK

Now, select the cells with the formulas that you want protected.
Goto FormatCellsProtection tab
Check Locked
Check Hidden
OK

Now, protect the sheet
Goto ToolsProtectionProtect sheet.

Depending on which version of Excel you are using, there are various options
for protection. Choose the ones you want .

Biff

"Lawrence" wrote:

hi,

could anyone tell me how to cover the formula in the column, so that
people
unable see what the formula i have put in.

thanks in advance...

Lawrence

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

That would hide the result but the formula would still be visible in the
formula bar.

Regards
Rowan

Desert Piranha wrote:
Lawrence Wrote:

hi,

could anyone tell me how to cover the formula in the column, so that
people
unable see what the formula i have put in.

thanks in advance...

LawrenceHi Lawrence,

Another way is custom format the cells with ;;; that is three
semicolons.
FormatCellsCustom key in ;;; click Ok
Then protect the sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Desert Piranha

Hi Rowan,
Yeah, you are correct. The cell still has to be hidden, through
FormatProtectionHidden.
Sorry for any confusion.
Dave

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494038

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Lawrence

Did you click on the FormatCellsProtection tab to get a list of options?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP