Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anamcara

Default Can I make a list, on one summary sheet, of data collected from ma

I would like to add data on a new sheet with three columns, that will contain
all the summary details I need, collected from a set of worksheets.

I would like to extract all the client names (one per worksheet, located in
each worksheet on cell G9) and return them as a list into in colum A, then
all the salary totals from $K$27 would go into column B and all the on-costs
from $M$27 go into column C.

I have spent hours trawling through the help and support pages and can't
seem to make the Vlookup (or anything else) make sense.There must be a simple
way!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

One way to draw this up ..

In the summary sheet,

List the cell refs across in B1:D1, viz.: G9, K27, M27
List the sheetnames in A2 down, e.g.: Sheet1, Sheet2, etc

Put in B2: =INDIRECT("'"& $A2 &"'!"& B$1)
Copy B2 across to D2, fill down to populate

The above will return what's required from each of the sheets

And to list all the sheetnames down in a col, we could run the sub* below on
a new sheet, then just copy paste over the sheetnames into the summary
sheet in A2 down (*as per my response given to your other query):

Steps
--------
Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE
Click Insert Module
Copy paste everything within the dotted lines below
into the whitespace on the right

-------begin vba-----
Sub SheetNames()
'Peo Sjoblom in .worksheet.functions Jul '02
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
Range("A1").Select
For Each wkSht In Worksheets
Selection = wkSht.Name
ActiveCell.Offset(rowOffset:=1, columnOffset:=0).Activate
Next wkSht
End Sub
-------endvba------

Press Alt+Q to get back to Excel

In a *new* sheet, press Alt+F8
Select "SheetNames" Run

The sheetnames will be listed in A1 down, in this sequence:

1st sheet (leftmost) will be listed in A1,
2nd sheet in A2, and so on

Hidden sheets will also be listed
and will appear after the last (rightmost) sheet
--
Rgds
Max
"anamcara" wrote in message
I would like to add data on a new sheet with three columns, that will

contain
all the summary details I need, collected from a set of worksheets.

I would like to extract all the client names (one per worksheet, located

in
each worksheet on cell G9) and return them as a list into in colum A, then
all the salary totals from $K$27 would go into column B and all the

on-costs
from $M$27 go into column C.

I have spent hours trawling through the help and support pages and can't
seem to make the Vlookup (or anything else) make sense.There must be a

simple
way!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

You're welcome !
Let us know how it went for you
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"anamcara" wrote in message
Hey Max - thanks so much for that - I will put it into practice tomorrow!