Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Default Autopopulate with zero

Columns V, X, AA, AB, and AD may have dates in them that are entered
manually. Sometimes they will be left blank.

What I need is a formula that will put a zero in columns V,X,AA, and AB when
column AD has a date entered.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur

Dear Roy,

Try this formula in V1 (say). If(countblank(AD1)=1,0,AD1)

Regards,

Ashish Mathur

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

Columns V, X, AA, AB, and AD may have dates in them that are entered
manually. Sometimes they will be left blank.

What I need is a formula that will put a zero in columns V,X,AA, and AB when
column AD has a date entered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

By putting that formula in V1 it gives me a date(the same date that is input
in AD1.) It should be a zero. It will not let me format the cell to accept a
zero either.

Also, will a formula like this need to be input in each column V, X, AA, AB?

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

Columns V, X, AA, AB, and AD may have dates in them that are entered
manually. Sometimes they will be left blank.

What I need is a formula that will put a zero in columns V,X,AA, and AB when
column AD has a date entered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Try this in *all* the columns necessary:

=IF(ISNUMBER(AD1),0,"")

--
HTH,

RD